We seek members who will engage with our fellowship of caring wedding professionals, and embody many of the same ideals, standards, and practices as we do. We value and promote professional service, holding a high standard of integrity and accountability, and positive collaboration and support of our network of vendors.
Our membership provides the perfect network to support and educate you as a wedding professional. Some benefits of membership are:
- The OWA as an additional marketing platform and acting as an advocate for your professional services
- Your customized profile on the OWA site, featuring a bio, photos, and all contact information readily searchable for interested couples
- Our representation as a planning source (to market you!) at annual wedding expos (Bride’s Club expos, Wedding Week Hawaii, etc.)
- Promotion and involvement through OWA’s social media platforms
- Visibility through partnered organizations websites (Maui Wedding Association, Kauai Wedding Professionals Association, Hawaii Island Wedding Association)
- All equally committed to promoting the islands as a premier destination for weddings
- OWA Meetings (ranging from 6-10 a year!) providing numerous opportunities to network with other wedding professionals, promote yourself to clients, be educated on trending topics for business owners, and just have fun!
- Frequent updates on what’s going on in the industry, including current bills and relevant government information
- The opportunity to use the OWA brand in your marketing, a statement to indicate your professionalism and trusted business to stand out among others in your field
- And much, much more!
ELIGIBILITY FOR MEMBERSHIP
Membership shall be extended to individuals, businesses and corporations doing business in the wedding industry on the island of Oahu who meet the following qualifications: 1. Business organizations or corporations must have primary business on Oahu for no less than 1 year. 2. All members must provide a copy of their business license. In addition, select individuals or business in occupations requiring additional state licenses/commissions must have current and valid documentation. 3. Sponsorship of two current OWA members (Just two people to vouch for you!)
SO YOU WANT TO BE A MEMBER?
Follow these steps:
- Join us at an upcoming event (optional – but encouraged)! (See Calendar for future meetings and events)
- Find two sponsors from the OWA! Attending meetings and events to network are a great way to do so.
- Fill out an application!
- Once your application is in, it is reviewed by the board for accuracy and merit! Your sponsors are contacted to verify your professionalism.
- Pay online
We would love for you to come and join our group – to mingle, network and to grow your business relationships.
Member Meetings occur the last Tuesday, six times a year typically in the evening beginning from 6:00pm. Our agenda format ranges from roundtable discussions, featured speakers to tasting different venue’s offerings!
Photos courtesy of VIVIDfotos